Our goal is to provide the most comprehensive age-specific martial arts training for our children’s classes. We will be establishing measurable results physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially. We provide every student with the most positive training atmosphere possible.
Why is our children’s class so successful?
This Class specialising in teachings for children aged 7 to 8 years old. We realize that children this age have specific characteristics that differ from children younger and older than them. They are sharper and more focused than children 6 and under, however, they are still not quite ready to face the same challenges presented to children 9 to 12 years of age. The average 7 to 8 year old can benefit from a more specific type of training. This training will help them develop the best; physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially.
We use 8 advanced skills that this particular age group is in the process of developing. Those skills are: concentration, perseverance, courage, intensity, speed, agility, technique and flexibility.
In the Children’s Class your child will learn and grow in a process that accommodates their skills and abilities. They will train with other children in their age group. This makes the training atmosphere more focused and enjoyable. Your Childs training will not be slowed down due to the learning abilities of a younger child. It will also not be sped up to keep up with the capabilities of a pre-teen. This means better, more functional classes designed just for them. Your child will feel comfortable and more capable of achieving excellence.
How the Children’s Class works
They will be following the martial arts syllabus as well as the 8 advanced skills selected for the children. There are 11 belt levels total.
Here are the 8 advanced skills broken down in the Children’s Class in more detail:
- Concentration- your child will learn how to focus all of their attention to the task at hand while committing themselves to learning and growing.
- Perseverance– your child will learn how to face challenges presented to them; knowing that the challenges will be difficult to complete.
- Courage– your child will learn how to overcome fear and nervousness through training that initially seems intimidating.
- Intensity– your child will learn how to perform their martial arts abilities with strong effort and attitude.
- Speed- your child will learn the components of speed and how to control their balance, body posture, and technique in the process.
- Agility– your child will learn the mechanics that govern movement and how it plays a role when they are jumping, dodging, and moving about quickly.
- Technique– your child will learn the fundamental components of good technique, which will make them great athletes.
- Flexibility– your child will gain and maintain flexibility through fun and educational drills.
Complete education of these 8 skills will help your child be the best they possibly can be at their age of development. You and your child will not regret the adventure they are about to undertake.
How your child will advance through the Children’s Classes ?
First, it is necessary to understand the importance of consistency in your child’s training. If your child misses classes on the regular basis, it will affect their progress, and your child will fall behind. To ensure proper development and a high level of motivation make sure your child attends classes regularly. There are five classes throughout the week available so children can do a makeup session so they shouldn’t fall behind.
Here is a brief overview of how your child will advance to each belt and graduate from the Children’s Class:
Children’s Class Grading system
- As outlines above, there are 8 skills covered in the programme. At each belt level, your child will have to meet specific requirements for each skill and also for the syllabus in order to advance to the next level.
- A new skill will be covered weekly. As your child meets each skill requirement, they’ll earn a skill stripe. There is a total of 8 skill stripes.
- During the 8-week testing cycle, your child must earn all 8-skill stripes in order to qualify to test for their next rank. As you can see, missing an entire week of classes will require make-up sessions.
- At each testing, your child will have to perform the techniques that are required from the syllabus in front of their instructor. There are 11 belt levels in total that your child will pass through before graduating from the Children’s programme, this makes the average total duration of training approximately 20 months.